Thanksgiving BBQ Sauce
This sauce brings together the tartness of fresh cranberries, with the sweetness from maple syrup becoming a flavorful condiment perfect for smoked pulled beef and red meats.
- Mesh strainer
- Medium saucepan
- Stick blender
- 2 pounds Fresh Cranberries
- 2-3 cups Water
- 4 tsp Dorot Ginger
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup (Heinz Simply)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup Grade A Dark
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp Smoked Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse cranberries.
- Add cranberries and water to saucepan.
- Simmer on stove top (low flame) for 10-15 mins until cranberries are tender.
- Add ginger and stir to incorporate.
- Stick blend until smooth.
- Pour and press sauce through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard skins.
- Transfer back into saucepan over a low flame.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 10-15 mins.
- Pour into Ball jars and chill or serve hot.