BBQ Pulled Pork Upside-Down Cornbread
This BBQ upside cornbread can be made with your favorite smoked pulled pork, or smoke your own following our recipe (best made with pulled pork smoked on a Recteq)
- Recteq Smoker or Convection Oven
- Parchment paper
- Brownie/Cake Pan or Rimmed Cookie Sheet
- Mixing Bowls
- Hickory Wood or Pellets
- 1 Pound Smoked Pulled Pork Cooled down but not frozen
- RITIS Rub or other BBQ rub
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cornbread Mix from the store or your favorite recipe
- Preheat smoker or oven to 350°F.
- Smoke and pull your pork butts (or grab some from your stash, neighbor’s smoker or local BBQ spot). See our recipe.
- For a saucier pork, gently mix BBQ sauce with chilled pulled pork until coated evenly.
- Line a pan with parchment paper folding the the excess paper over the edges and beneath the outside bottom. Can be a shallow pan or regular cake pan, depending on your preference of cornbread to meat ratio.
- Drizzle some of your favorite bbq sauce and a few shakes of your favorite rub onto the paper.
- Place pulled pork into parchment paper lined cake pan and spread evenly to cover the entire bottom of the cake pan. 1/2” deep or more.
- Pour the cornbread batter over the top of the pulled pork and very gently spread it out to cover the pulled pork.
- Place into smoker or oven and cook according to cornbread recipe (~35 to 55 minutes) or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Remove from smoker and rest pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, in between the parchment paper and the pan.
- Flip it onto a serving plate and carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce over the pulled pork and lightly dust with RITIS Rub.